Lesson of the day: DO NOT wear a white cotton t-shirt to a hot yoga class.
Look at me all excited to go to yoga... If only I knew.
And I wore my Toms! I thought they were very yoga-esque. I shortly learned those were the last shoes I wanted to put back on after that class...
I'll definitely try it again, but I'm coming prepared next time with a big towel to cover my mat (I kept slipping!) and better clothing - no cotton allowed!
I had planned on walking to Whole Foods after yoga, but since my shirt was entirely see through, I decided it would be best to head home and shower. Once I cleaned up, I was in the mood for something refreshing, so I mixed up the smoothie recipe and made a Strawberry Banana and Peanut Butter Smoothie.
1/2 Cup Almond Milk
1/4 Cup Water
1/2 Frozen Banana
1/2 cup frozen strawberries
1 scoop strawberry protein powder
1/2 tbl Flax
and 1 tbl PB2 powder (should have added 2 tbl, I couldn't taste it well)
I also added some Cinnamon Puffins for some crunch!
A little bit after that I was feeling some dessert, so I had a yogurt pudding cup (1 spoon full sugar free instant pudding mix and greek yogurt) while catching up on project runway!
Has anyone else tried hot yoga before? Any difficult first experiences, or better yet, advice to share?
I’m worn out reading all these posts, and listening about eating and exercise. As you know the peanut thing is not my thing, nor is the Greek yogurt. Hopefully you will move toward something more to my liking. I do like those Go Lean Kashi bars you got me but I haven’t tried the GNU bars yet. I just finished making by granola for hiking.
ReplyDeleteI haven't tried hot yoga yet...I'm a little weary because I'm on a medicine that makes me feel faint pretty easily. Sounds intense though! I can't wait to try it. I love the pudding powder in yogurt idea...I bet that would be good frozen too!
ReplyDeleteOops for some reason that comment posted as anonymous...it was meeee!
ReplyDeletewow...so weird. Maybe it's because I don't post through Blogger? Anyway, "Anonymous" and "meeeee" are Jackie from That Deep Breath. Oops!
ReplyDelete